Name: Julie Bandy
Nickname: Red or RedFeather
Height: 5' 6"
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Red
Location: Austin, Texas
Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Master of Science in Visualization Sciences
What I'm doing now: Working full time as a web developer for FireFeather Media, my own web design and development business. I also am serving at CTO for TracLife, a full service scheduling and payment tool for businesses. This website hasn't been updated in many years as I don't actively pursue the fantasy art anymore, but serves as an archive for the creative start that got me interested in web programming at the start.
What makes me me?
Well, I'm not even sure of this one, but here we go:
- I love attending Cons! I'll sell prints, commissions, dogtags, henna tattoos and general all around fun at these events. My schedule's on the intro page, so be sure to drop by and visit me!
- I hold my pencil "incorrectly." My writing/drawing callous is on my ring finger instead of my middle finger like everyone else. I don't know when this started, but it works for me.
- I love fruit!
- I use all sorts of stuff in my art, included graphite pencils, Prismacolors, gouache, oils, acrylics, pastels, chalk, inks, and a whole slew of digital tools.
- I was bald til I was 2, then when my hair grew in, I cut it all off again with a pair of scissors while I was supposed to be taking a nap.
- I'm an anatomy fiend. I don't draw critters whose bodies won't support them. Large wings, deep chest cavities, exotic muscle configurations, etc... are all right up my alley. I base all anatomy of my critters off know animals, and usually a large mix of these.
- My art first developed out of my writing! I do not keep copies of the old stories online anymore. Sorry!
Three of my favorite quotes
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am."
-The Googoo Dolls, 'Iris'
That you'd have to go.
Your world was not mine.
Your eyes told me so.
Yet it was here,
I felt the crossroads of time,
And I wondered, 'Why?'
-Loreena McKennitt, 'The Old Ways'
-Agent Dana Scully, The X-Files, Paper Hearts